Our 2023 applications have now closed. We expect to open our graduate applications again in autumn 2023.
We’re an established scheme. In fact, this will be our 10th year of welcoming graduates into SCW. We’re thrilled to have been the enablers to so many grads fulfilling their career aspirations. Hear from some of our graduates...
Our scheme is a fast-track approach, we stretch and challenge our graduates from the start. We provide our graduates with all the resources, support, training, and development to excel – this includes accredited qualifications, a mentor, buddy, and development support throughout the two years. You will be part of a graduate group that will support, motivate, and inspire one another.
If this all sounds good, we also offer all our graduates a permanent contract. The starting salary is £27,055 and by the end of the two years, we expect our graduates to be earning £41,659. You’ll also have the flexibility to work from anywhere in the UK, due to our hybrid working model. You’ll work a 37.5-hour week, one of these days will be a ‘grad day’, which is solely dedicated to your professional development.
Our graduate scheme applications are open. Apply now.
What are the requirements for the SCW Graduate Scheme?
- Be a graduate or will have graduated in 2023 with a minimum of 2:2 in any subject area and from any institution
- Possess good Maths and English. Grade C/4 or equivalent. If you’re not sure, please contact our team before applying
- Be interested and ideally have experience in business and management
- Have strong communication skills
- Possess our core values: patients first, aspirational, collaborative, insightful and respectful
What will I receive in the SCW Graduate Scheme?
Our graduate management scheme is a two-year accelerated programme. A graduate will be assigned to a particular service line. We try and align to preferences and therefore will be providing online information sessions ‘Meet our Service Lines’ and encourage everyone to come along to an online ‘Meet SCW’ before applying to find out more and ensure we’re the right fit for you.
Our current service lines that are recruiting for 2023 include Transformation and Digital, Data and Technology, and we expect to be taking on between 11 – 15 graduates.
Once assigned to a service line, graduates will spend time in a range of teams and projects and this will often involve collaborating with other service lines within SCW, such as Finance, HR, EDI and Wellbeing, enabling our graduates to experience the breadth and depth of the services we provide in SCW.
Our graduates all receive a clear development plan and you will have one day per week dedicated to your professional development.
All graduates will be provided with the following training and support:
- Management Apprenticeship which will include
- Management Diploma awarded by CMI or ILM, Level 5
- Mary Seacole, NHS Leadership
- Masterclasses delivered by specialists within the organisation
- A graduate buddy who will arrange regular meetings with you throughout the two years
- Mentoring meetings with a senior person in SCW throughout the 2 years
- Support sessions with the Organisational Development Team
- Activities relating to the wider healthcare economy, such as joint projects
- Industry-specific professional qualifications (such as Agile Project Management).
- Wellbeing support from our EDI and Wellbeing Team in SCW
Is the graduate scheme right for you?
SCW is a consultancy, service transformation, and professional support service organisation. We are part of the NHS, supporting the NHS and other health and social sector organisations, and are looking to recruit candidates with leadership potential.
We have a breadth of expertise and capability to support our customers to adapt and transform services, supporting them through the most complex of challenges. We provide a range of services to our customers from business intelligence and analytics, corporate and customer finance, to business development, communications and contract management.
With this in mind, we are looking for applicants who will be able to grow their talents in areas such as programme management, data analytics, consultancy, service re-design, and transformation within the NHS environment.
Are you ambitious, committed and driven, keen to take the initiative and get things done in a resourceful and efficient manner? If so, we’d welcome your application
Values matter to us, which is why we’re looking for aspirational, collaborative, insightful and respectful people who will help us achieve our vision and put patients first. Find out more about SCW values.
How to apply
Our 2023 applications have now closed. We expect to open our graduate applications again in Autumn 2023.
Hear our previous graduates' experiences of their time on the scheme.
- Applications open 5 Dec 2022 – 5 February 2023
- Telephone interviews for those shortlisted will be in March or early April
- Assessment centre takes place in April or May 2023
- The start date will be early October 2023
We pride ourselves on being an agile and flexible workforce, meaning much of your working week will be working remotely from home, with hybrid working in the future. We span a multitude of counties across the south of England.
Benefits to you
Come and join us to explore how we support the diverse NHS family with a stretch for your developing career.
- Competitive salary starting at NHS Band 5 (minimum £27,055) full-time with a generous pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave rising to 33 after 10 years of service within the NHS
- Stretch assignments and developmental support so you can grow your career
- Support for your wellbeing
- You will be part of our graduate community
- Flexible approach to agile/hybrid working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Work-life balance that we believe is instrumental in your career success
And finally, you will be part of an NHS organisation whose primary aim is to enable our customers to achieve the best possible outcomes for people, communities, and populations.