We have all been affected by the seismic impact of COVID-19 over the last 18 months. This is a time of unprecedented challenge across the health and care sector and particularly for NHS Providers.
Prior to the pandemic, NHS SCW provided support services across the health and care sector. We were focused on working with both commissioners and providers to join up health and care services. The collaborative goal is to improve outcomes, reduce health inequalities and make the best use of limited resources.
When the pandemic hit we actively supported the response by delivering the national COVID Clinical Assessment Service hosted by South Central Ambulance Service FT, the National Immunisation Service for Flu and COVID-19 vaccinations. By December 2020 we responded to more than 300 requests for additional support nationally from all types of health and care organisations.
As we emerge from the crisis - and we will - we are ready to support all parts of the health system to recover and reset. We have the skills, expertise and ability to bridge the divide between health and care. And we are passionate about supporting providers in even more ways to recover from the crisis. Being an NHS Providers panel member gives us a privileged opportunity to work closely with individual trusts to support you in delivering the best care for your patients and populations.
Here's how we’ve previously partnered with providers to deliver improved outcomes in a changing landscape.
- Recovery and continuous improvement - Delivering a Trust’s CIP, transformation and COVID-19 initiatives through robust programme management.
- Digital development - Gaining clinician support for video appointments.
- Strategy alignment and goal delivery - Pioneering BI review shows Acute Trust the way forward.
- Transformational change - Meeting the outpatient challenge in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- System change and partnerships - Turning challenging contract negotiations into trusted relationships.