Listen to Michael Knight, SCWs Associate Director – Technology Management and Architecture talking about the work the IT team have been doing to support NHS colleagues during the COVID-19 crisis.
How SCWs IT team stepped up to the COVID challenge
It's amazing to see the continuing evolution of the possible even in these tough times.
Some truly great things have happened in the informatics team at SCW over the past month (April 2020):
- Set up a contact centre to process returning GPs onboarding
- Supported a 700% increase in the utilisation of our remote access solutions
- Regularly dealt with 400% more support calls via our service desk
- Set up a new remote desktop platform in 3 days
- Built well over 1000 laptops
- Worked with our partners to obtain devices free of charge and deploy to initial priority sites
- Deployed Microsoft teams to 32k endpoints and set up a dedicated support team
- Set up an IT Support function at 48 hours notice for returning GPs
- Set up 24x7 support for incident control centres
- Extended service hours to provide weekend cover to primary care
- Stood up a full support service for Bank holidays
- Provided support to multiple Nightingale Hospitals
This is the tip of the iceberg of all of the incredible work. We're so proud of our team, as well as our colleagues in CCGs.